Every Year at this time we start fresh and make new goals for the new year. If you have been following me on any of the social media platforms I am on – you know that this year I am doing something a little different and making “reverse resolutions”.
What are ‘reverse resolutions”? Well I am glad you asked. They are things that I am planning to not do during the entire year of 2018.
1.) I’m NOT counting a single calorie. For some counting calories and logging food and exercise is very beneficial – and if you are a client – you most likely have this incorporated into your plan. But for me, I am taking away the logging of calories for 2018.
- I AM going to focus on BALANCED nutrition – and plan meals accordingly. I was gifted an Instant Pot for Christmas from my lovely parents and cannot wait to use it!
- I AM going to make more meals at home and not allow the busy schedules and life take away from the fact that I want to prepare meals for my family and cook nutritious meals – I love to experiment and cook in the kitchen.
2.) I’m NOT weighing myself weekly. I have had a negative relationship with m scale – and while I LOVE my scale… I really do – I don’t like the hold that I have allowed it to have on me and my feelings about who I see in the mirror. (Yes even the strongest fitness professional and model have their own image issues they deal with.)
- I AM going to weigh on the 1st of each month – just to have a basis of where I am heading and if I need to tweak anything… and to not obsess over the number.
- I AM going to measure myself on the 1st of each month to know where I am and to encourage myself to keep going.
3.) I’m NOT purchasing a paper planner – I wind up filling it all out on Jan 1st but hardly look at it again throughout the rest of the year.
- I AM planning on using the tools I have and use daily (my phone, and tablet) to help me manage my time and appointments and stay on top of things better this year than I did last year.
4.) I’m NOT going to post half naked pictures of myself on any social media platforms or make any type of post that may have a negative effect on someone else’s view of themselves.
- I AM dedicating my platforms to uplifting and encouraging those around me to continue to move and be active. To seek help when needed and to become the best version of themselves by making small changes daily to make big changes over time…
Those are my “reverse resolutions” for 2018! I would love to know what some of your resolutions are for 2018 and if there is anything I may be able to help you with!