So it is a new year… and you are well on your way to a healthier you… but 3 days into the new year and you are still dealing with a negative side effect of the holidays… THE HOLIDAY BLOAT!
Let me advise against these “detox” and “cleanses” that are powders and pills to try and make you loose weight and get you … on track …
Here is what I will recommend to get your belly back on track and kick the bloat to the curb, get back to a balanced diet. Now a balanced diet does not mean “Eat ONLY this or DRINK only that” it means start eating healthier and drinking more water and less carbonated drinks.
Eat This Not That has an article on several foods that will help you to fight the holiday belly bloat and get you back to feeling like yourself. You can read it here – but I wanted to highlight some of the foods that they list that are my favorites and can be incorporated easily into your daily routine…
- Lemon – You can add it to your water, on top of your fish, or as a refreshing twist to your salad.
- Pineapple – Although acidic – it can help with cutting down those belly bubbles!
- Green Tea – Tired of water and need a pick me up? Green Tea is a great way to give you an energy boost and put a little pep in your step.
- Almonds – These are a great on the go snack, that are also a great healthy fat to consume – just watch the sodium content and stick to unsalted if you can…
- Cucumber – This is refreshing as a snack, in your water with some lemon (all three of those things help belly bloat by the way) and can also give you a boost in hydration.
These are just some of the items that they list in the article that again you can read here.
Keep moving and staying active my friends… you will get there… just one step at a time.